Pages

Thursday 16 August 2012

the concept of sexy

“I find the whole concept of being ‘sexy’ embarrassing and confusing. If I do an interview with photographs people desperately want to change me - dye my hair blonder, pluck my eyebrows, give me a fringe. Then there’s the choice of clothes. I know everyone wants a picture of me in a mini-skirt. But that’s not me. I feel uncomfortable. I’d never go out in a mini-skirt. It’s nothing to do with protecting the Hermione image. I wouldn’t do that. Personally, I don’t actually think it’s even that sexy. What’s sexy about saying, ‘I’m here with my boobs out and a short skirt, have a look at everything I’ve got?’ My idea of sexy is that less is more. The less you reveal the more people can wonder.” 
Emma Watson
via


I discovered this quote the other day and I have to say that I have quite a bit of respect for Emma Watson now.  Not that I didn't before, it was more that I didn't even pay attention... (for that matter I don't know that I am going to necessarily start hanging on her every word now or anything :))  I think that in a world that is currently idealizing 'sexy' something like this becomes harder to say. (Especially in an environment like the movie industry.)   I think that part of the reason I like it so much is because she not only talks about how weird the idea of sexy is on its own, she talks about the fact that it is often way 'sexier' when you aren't in everyone's face about it.  

What are your thoughts on sexy? 

No comments:

Post a Comment